Since its founding in 2015, Transit Alliance has led the largest mobility advocacy campaigns in Miami-Dade County. Here are some of the things our partners and funders helped us complete this year!
* Engaged in rapid response with the County to fill their bus driver shortages and facilitated an innovative training program connection with Miami-Dade College.
* Advocated for protected bike lanes around the county, including Rickenbacker Causeway, Venetian Causeway, and the Downtown Mobility Network.
* Partnered with Hold the Line to prevent the expansion of the Urban Development Boundary, protecting our Everglades.
* Hosted an ongoing series called Dade Rides, exploring protected and unprotected bike routes around the county.
* Created our first Mobility Blueprint, a roadmap for Transit Alliance's future advocating for pedestrians, bikers and riders.
Transit Alliance's Better Bus Network (BBN) project led to a comprehensive redesign of the county bus system to connect more people to more places with improved, reliable bus service. This major project reforms our 30-year-old bus network with a new network designed from the ground up with community input - with over 5,000 survey responses and 130+ workshops, events, and presentations. This is the first time in the nation that a non-profit organization has led a bus network redesign, and is the single largest transit reform project in the county that will be implemented in the next year. The project was approved and is now ready for service launch in Spring 2023 to deliver equitable service and transit for our economic recovery.
Transit Alliance has also led several landmark campaigns - including restoring $15 million to the transit budget, a real-time audit of Metrorail service, and the first Mobility Scorecard. Our current 'Build It Bike It' campaign is focused on improving biking and walkability throughout neighborhoods countywide.
Transit Alliance is a non-profit organization advocating for walkable streets, bikeable neighborhoods, and better public transit. Our campaigns combine data-driven research, community engagement, and policy advocacy to get Miami moving safer, faster, and happier.