In 1974, a small group of civic activists organized to help elders in the local community and established the North Miami Foundation for Senior Citizens' Services, Inc. Since inception, we have maintained a strong connection with our target population and their changing needs. As a result, agency services have expanded extensively over the years.
Current services include:
• Screening and assessment to determine the elders' needs and how the North Miami Foundation and other community services can best benefit them.
• Nutritious meals for seniors at risk of malnutrition.
• Transportation to the grocery store.
• Counseling for older adults struggling with loss and/or health distress.
• Volunteer support services for socially isolated and/or frail elders.
• Consumable medical supplies (protective undergarments and nutrition supplements) for financially challenged senior households.
• Wellness and health promotion to optimize healthy living and overall well-being.
To maximize the opportunities for the elderly of NE Miami-Dade County to maintain their personal independence and to enhance their quality of life by providing a broad array of social services. To achieve this mission, caring and consistent service is provided by the staff and volunteers of the Foundation; there is a commitment to excellence on the part of the staff, volunteers and the board of directors, and the ongoing involvement of various community groups and individuals, including governmental and service organizations.