A Message from Our CEO!
ICU baby's mission is to unite NICU families and provide emotional, financial and informational support so that families and babies can thrive together in the NICU.
We launched our first program in South Miami Hospital on November 17, 2015 and have introduced 8 more programs to the NICU community since then. We are proud to support families with a critically ill or premature baby in the NICUs of Jackson Memorial Medical Center's Holtz Children's Hospital (127 beds), Baptist Health's South Miami Hospital (62 beds), Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (54 beds), Mt. Sinai Hospital (16 beds) and Florida University Hospital (32 beds).
Impacting the NICU Experience of Many:
- 5500+ NICU Families Supported
- 2,800+ NICU Packs Delivered
- 5,750+ Transportation Stipends Distributed to Low Income Families
- 150+ In-Hospital, Catered Meals of Support Served to 2000+ NICU Family Members
- 450+ NICU Babies Read to by ICU baby Volunteers
- 2,700+ ICU baby Community Volunteers Supporting NICU Families
- 5,500+ NICU Emotional Support Hours Logged
- 500 NICU Empowerment Support Tools (NEST) Distributed to Offer NICU Health Literacy
Points of Pride:
- ICU baby is the largest NICU family support organization in Florida and one of the largest in the country!
- All programs are linguistically accessible in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole.
- Our most recent statewide award was the 2022 Florida Blue Sapphire Award for Innovation Programming.
- ICU baby has advisory roles on national platforms including the Family Centered Care Task Force, NICU Parent Network and the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative.
ICU baby is transforming the NICU experience so that parents feel more empowered, babies feel more nurtured, families feel more connected and communities offer more support.
Check out our website for more details about our work and opportunities to get involved!
ICU baby unites NICU families and provides emotional, financial, and informational support so that babies and families can thrive together.
Our vision is to build a community of NICU families who empower each other to be confident and present in their own NICU journeys, leading to better outcomes.