Since its founding in 1960 to provide meals and spiritual comfort to homeless Cuban exiles and other poor and hungry Miamians, Camillus House has grown steadily into one of the largest providers of homeless housing and services in the community, offering a comprehensive system of care for persons who are poor and homeless. When you support Camillus House, you empower the homeless women, men, and families we serve to build new lives. On any given night, more than 1,750 individuals+ (including 194 families) sleep under a Camillus roof. In the last year alone:
- 195,017 meals were served to the hungry;
- 3,415 women, men, and children experienced the comfort and security of a roof over their heads;
- 3,731 on-street homeless were served through our Day Center;
- 75,232 essential services were provided to our Day Center clients;
- 15,176 showers and 15,740 clothing distributions were provided to the on-street homeless;
- 23,389 calls were answered through the Homeless Prevention Hotline;
- 626 contacts were made to the hardest to serve, on-street chronically homeless population through street outreach.
- 18,253 showers and 19,698 clothing distributions were provided to the on-street homeless.
Together with your support, we will continue to offer those in most need love, compassion, and the intangible gift of hope for a better tomorrow. Thank you for being an essential part of Camillus House.
Rooted in the compassionate Hospitality of St. John of God, we improve the quality of life of those who are vulnerable and homeless in South Florida through the provision of a continuum of housing and supportive services.