We are developing new ways to help students and teachers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic deal with their isolation and disconnect with outside world, by:
• Developing and sharing new methods for virtual lesson presentations, visits to worksites, and volunteer interviews to keep students and teachers connected with our volunteers.
• Providing this virtual content on our new YouTube channel
• Encouraging partner teachers and volunteers to embrace technology as a new way to deliver lesson content.
• Providing inspiration and encouragement- see our May newsletter.
• Continually monitoring teachers' needs via surveys, teleconferences and email.
• Helping students understand what their roles are now, and can be in the future to help make this crisis an opportunity.